Monday 15 October 2012

Laura's Super Healthy Raw Chocolate Mousse

Raw healthy chocolate Mousse
I have really wanted to try this out for some time. Chocolate mousse made using avocado and other completely raw ingredients! 

Doesn't it sound fabulous, the idea of a healthy dessert! Although I was excited by the idea, I couldn't quite see how it was going to taste like the real thing, but it sounded too good to pass up and I eventually came up with a recipe of my own by combining several I had seen online. 
Raw chocolate mousse recipe

Ingredients
  • 3 Small Avocados
  • Beans from a Vanilla pod
  • 75g virgin coconut oil
  • 100g Raw Cacao powder
  • 150g Agave nectar
Mix everything together well in your blender until it forms a smooth paste, then dish up and chill for an hour or so. I decided to top it off with a few blueberries. The recipe made enough to serve 4 people. Just a little more than pictured below. It is quite rich so you don't need a lot!

Raw all natural chocolate mousse
It was absolutely delicious! Chris even said it tasted exactly like the usual cream based mousse I usually make, and I would agree that it wasn't too far off! What a revelation!

It was so simple to make too, and doesn't require too many ingredients, which is a pet peeve of mine especially with 'raw' recipes. I am looking forward to making this again in the future.

Laura xXx

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This looks amazing. I'll look forward to making this one, thanks for sharing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love experimenting with raw foods, I'll have to try this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you find something that is really good for you but also tastes nice isn't it!?

      Delete
  3. this looks/sounds amazing! gonna have to try this soon i think :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuuuuuum, this sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I've just finished my last one, made them on sunday and now it's tuesday so they seem to last quite happily in the fridge too.

      Delete
  5. I would have never thought of putting those ingredients together, but sounds really good :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You would never think it had avocado in it though.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow that looks heavenly! I'm going to have to give this a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so, sooo good. I think I might need to try this soon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena