Friday 26 July 2013

Eco-Market - DIY Body Scrub Recipe

DIY Organic body scrub Recipe
Today I am teaming up with eco-market, who have kindly given me the secret recipe for a wonderful organic body scrub!  It smells delicious and it is super easy to make! Want to learn how? Read on!
ingredients for body scrub
What you will need;
A Small Organic Lemon
A Small Organic Lime
1 Cup Organic Pure Cane Sugar
1/2 Cup Organice Coconut Oil
1 Teaspoon Organic Peppermint Essential Oil/Extract
An airtight container, jar or pot.

I actually decided to halve this recipe because the jar I had was quite small.
Lime Juice
Process;
Simply mix the coconut oil, peppermint essential oil, lemon and lime juice together. Then pour in the sugar and mix well. If you like you can add the lemon and lime peels at this point, or some fresh mint leaves if you are feeling fancy.

I found the consistency of mine a little watery, probably because my lemon and lime were too juicy! So I just added a little more sugar until it felt about right.
Organic peppermint body scrub
I used this for the first time last night and the smell is to die for! It kind of reminded me of mint choc chip ice cream, which made me want to eat it, but I managed to resist since I really don't think consuming an essential oil is a good idea! Anyway, it worked wonderfully and my skin is feeling silky soft as promised!

Remember that you should only exfoliate once or twice a week, otherwise you can damage your skin. Also, don't use immediately after shaving, or on any damaged or broken skin. And don't get it in your eyes.

I'll definitely try this again in the future. It will keep for at least 2 months happily in its airtight container, although I'm sure I'll get through it much quicker than that!

I think coconut oil is absolutely fantastic and I am keen to try out some more natural beauty products that use it. So watch this space!

Thanks to eco-market for sending me the recipe to try out. If you haven't heard of them they are a marketplace where you can buy and sell eco-friendly products. Go and check it out, there have some fantastic products, I think these seedbom's have got to be my favourite!

Have you ever tried making any beauty products yourself? I'd be really interested to hear any of your favourite recipes.

Laura xXx

5 comments:

  1. I love this, I'm going to do it with my sister for her birthday! thanks for sharing!
    - Suzette, trysomethingfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, going to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your recipe.. i also go with natural body scrub@

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena