Monday 16 September 2013

Snail Mail Collective - My under the sea package

snail mail collective - underwater
The other day I showed you the awesome package I received from Bev for our Snail mail collective swap. Now that my package has finally arrived with Bev (phew, I was getting concerned it had gotten lost!) I can share with you what I included in her package! Don't forget, the theme was 'under the sea'. 

So I started off with a postcard of The Mary Rose, since this ship was under the sea for quite some time, I thought this was pretty apt! I actually bought this the day Chris and I went to Portsmouth harbour for our first alphabet date.
under the sea themed box
I found an old book about scrapbooking in a charity shop, and it had lots of pictures of the old fashioned scrap book images. Luckily for me there were a few pages with boats, sea creatures and shells, so I used the pages to decorate my box. Unfortunately I forgot that I would have to put an address on the front of the box and tape it up, which ruined the look slightly. I didn't think that I could just wrap it in parcel paper! Doh! But this was what it looked like before.
emma stevens - underwater ep
Chris is currently playing bass for the very talented Emma Stevens. Her new EP is called 'Underwater', so I thought that would be a nice thing to include. You can have a listen to some of Emma's songs on her website here, and I really suggest you do, I think you will love it! Emma is doing really well at the moment, she has been playlisted on BBC Radio 2 and recently played their Radio 2 Live at Hyde Park Festival! You can also see a video of her playing live (with Chris on bass!) here!
The Tide Turner - by Angela McAllister
My mum is friends with the children's author Angela McAllister, and I had a feeling she would have a book with an 'under the sea' theme. Luckily I was right, and The Tide Turner was just what I was looking for. I know that Bev has an interest in children's literature, and she also have a baby on the way, so hopefully they can enjoy this together in years to come.

Angela was kind enough to offer to sign the book for us too!
the tide turner
 With my last pennies I bought a little fishy bath toy, I thought he was cute!
Under the sea bath toyUnder the sea - snail mail collective
 You can see Bev's review of my mail here. I can't wait for this months Snail Mail Collective!

 Laura xXx

6 comments:

  1. Aww, what a lovely gift - I've signed up for this month's now but where did you get the theme from ? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Char, they announce the theme in the post where they encourage people to sign up! It's great, this month is 'back to school' if you hadn't seen that already, so they're thinking stationary I think :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun parcel, I love sending snail mail
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again, Laura! I loved receiving this package and you put so much thought and care into it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are awesome! What great gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena